Want to make a difference in the world? As an Ella volunteer, you can! All you need to do is take the first step.
The Ella Centre has experienced staff in delivering the range of supports that participants will be offered in their NDIS plan. The Ella Centre has registration with the NDIS to provide Support Coordination. Support coordination is a capacity building support to implement all supports in a participant’s plan, including informal, mainstream, community and funded supports.Support Coordination will need to be listed as part of your NDIS plan. We will negotiate a Service Agreement with you to provide Support Coordination.
We will work creatively and resourcefully with you in how you can utilise your NDIS plan to achieve your goals.
This is likely to include:
- assess a number of mainstream, community, informal and provider options
- choose preferred options or providers
- negotiate services to be provided and their prices, develop service agreements and create service bookings with preferred providers
- negotiate services and prices as part of any quotable supports
- arrange any assessments required to determine the nature and type of funding required (eg assessment to determine the type of complex home modifications required)
- decide the budget for each support type and advise any relevant plan manager of the breakdown of funds
- liaise with any plan manager to establish the appropriate claim categories and attribute the correct amount of funds
- link to mainstream or community services (i.e. housing, education, transport, health)
- strengthen and enhance your capacity to coordinate supports, self direct and manage supports and participate in the community,
including providing participants with assistance to:
- resolve problems or issues that arise
- understand their responsibilities under service agreements
- change or end a service agreement
Support coordinators are expected to:
- contact the participant as soon as possible after the handover with the planner, ideally within two days and meet with the participant within the next five days
- understand the role of the mainstream service system
- understand the NDIS legislation and rules including provisions relating to reasonable and necessary supports
- understand the NDIS Price Guide and flexibility within budgets
- manage any perceived or real conflict of interest in accordance with the NDIA’s Terms of Business
- provide the NDIA with reports on specific goals, outcomes and success indicators within the agreed reporting frequency.
The Ella Centre provides other NDIS services and will advise you of any conflict of interest to ensure you have choice in who provides your NDIS supports.
- Plan management is the financial management of the plan and includes making payments to providers, expense claims processing, developing monthly statements for participants and claiming payment from the NDIA.
- By nominating the Ella Centre to provide plan management services and manage the funding we will claim from the NDIA portal for funding up to the amounts specified in the support category and budget approved in the Participant’s current NDIS plan. After these supports are delivered, the service provider or Participant/nominated representative will claim payment for those supports. We will negotiate a Service Agreement with you with the aim to provide the following:
- provide financial intermediary services
- reconcile participant balances
- pay supplier invoices on behalf of the participant
- process participant reimbursement claims
- track expenditure against participant budget
- provide monthly statements of expenditure and available funding upon request
- assist with purchases where appropriate
- participant liaison – emails, phone calls etc
- consult the Participant/nominated representative on request, regarding decisions about how funds are spent
- liaise with LAC or Support Coordinator